Published at: 2020-01-17 1:30PM
Tags: clojure, oz
Just finished finalizing and publishing my 1st update post. Now time to sort out the build process :-)
The problem with the update script is still that changes I make to the
build.boot files for things like new build dependencies (as described in my post last week, a new Cljs version).
Picking up from last night. More script debugging:
if [ ! -z VEGA_UDPATES ]instead of
if [ ! -z $VEGA_UPDATES]and the like in a few places; fixed
-n vega -> -n vl.
After all that I finally started getting things working! There were a couple more realizations I had about how to improve the process:
--local-updateschanges: Instead of committing in an initial commit after applying stash, leave to get committed separately for each package directory to avoid accidentally building incomplete updates for Vega-Lite, Vega-Embed etc.
CLJSJS_PACKAGES_FORKto print out a GitHub link for opening a PR for each of the repos
At this point everything is working, and I've managed to get 3 PRs up for review:
As soon as these make their way through review, I look forward to minting a new release of Oz!
This is now finally getting to a point where I think a random person could come along and potentially use this script!
The steps are:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:metasoarous/oz.git && cd oz), open up the
bin/update-cljsjs.shscript and edit the
vl_version, etc. variables as you wish.
cljsjs-packagesrepository created by the script, and rerun with the
This should download all the new JS assets, generate externs and checksums for them, and organize all the changes into a set of branches, push those branches to your GitHub fork, and create PRs for each, ready for the Cljsjs folks to review :-) If you have trouble with this process, please holler at me in a GitHub issue, and I'll do what I can to help you with a release.
Stay tuned and thanks for reading!